Wednesday, February 3, 2010

St. Lous Symphony Orchestra Mailer & Calendar

This is a project that I did for a Graphic Design class. Our assignment was to redesign the mailer/calendar that the Symphony mails out to get people interested in their new season. All we were given were the specs and a few requirements, everything else was open to our own design. A week before this project began, I went to an estate sale and found a myriad of old photographs in the basement. I bought all of them, imagining everything I could do with them. It happened to work out that we began this project the next week, and I decided to utilize the pictures. I found the German word for memories, Reminiszenz, and titled my mailer as such. I then found German composers to feature on the right side of each spread, and paired it with different images of women through various ages of their lives.
For the cover, I scattered a few of the other pictures on the floor and photographed them to resemble someone digging through their old photos in order to remember something. I hand drew all the titles and names and found two other fonts which were appropriate to my own design as well as to the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra aesthetic.

I am extremely happy with my final product. I put a lot of time and thought into it, and I hope it shows.




St. Louis Symphony Orchestra Cover




SLSO interior spreads
In order: Pages 1, 2, and 3



SLSO Calendar of Events

No comments:

Post a Comment