Monday, September 27, 2010

Quick 2 Paintings

Here are a couple paintings I did for my brother inspired by my trip to Alaska. They are done on two not-great mat-board type product from Pier I Imports or something of that sort. I just gessoed and applied some medium to the appropriate parts to make them paintable. I kept them as simple and as graphic as possible, to maintain the effect I was seeking to achieve. I have at least a screenprint or two that I would like to create based on these images. As with a lot of ideas, though, we'll see what happens. But they turned out well, pretty much what I was hoping for, just some simple original art to be displayed in my brother's house, playing with the frame and art idea: what is art, the frame, and their relationship. Completed August 2010.



Untitled
Mixed Media
14" x 20"


Untitled
Mixed Media
14" x 20"

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of untitled # 2. It's very folk art and those sun rays are lovely.

    ReplyDelete