Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two Relief Prints

The first things I'm posting are going to be a couple of relief prints that I completed this past semester. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. And they match surprisingly well. So I guess that's good too.
But both are two color relief prints, the blue was printed first on both, followed by the oranges. Both also juxtapose my semester, the jellyfish was the first print I did this semester, and the whale was the last. When the semester began, I decided to do an ocean theme throughout all of prints. I kept up with it surprisingly well and I think it resulted in a couple really nice pieces.


"Moby Dick"
10" x 8"

This is obviously inspired by Moby Dick, I knew I had wanted to do one inspired by the book. It's on my extensive list of favorite books and there is inspirational imagery throughout.


"Jellyfish"
6" x 12"

Jellyfish is inspired by a tattoo I designed for a friend about three years ago. I redrew it and cropped it and printed the blue. It looked too plain after printing and decided to add the orange to add more depth, which I think I've accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment