Monday, January 18, 2010

Oceans Triptych

I finished my Oceans triptych today. Finished the framing, painting, etc. All I have left to do is attach some kind of hanging apparatus, but that's it. It's a really nice feeling finishing something. I'm excited to start something new now.

The paintings were based off the BBC and Discovery Channel Series Planet Earth. It is an awesome, awesome show, with some beautiful images. My brother Rob and I watched it and paused it to take pictures of images we thought particularly compelling. I then chose three from the 8 or so pictures we had taken that I felt could go together as a triptych as well as stand alone as individual paintings. I did the first two this past summer, but had to delay doing the final one until this most recent break. The Jellyfish was finished first, followed by the coral and seascape respectively. My wish for them to be hung is in the following order:




Oceans- Seascape
Acrylic on Wood Panel
48" x 42"



Oceans- Coral
Acrylic on Wood Panel
48" x 41"



Oceans- Jellyfish
Acrylic on Wood Panel
48" x 42"

No comments:

Post a Comment